Rural Development Programme
PIECING TOGETHER THE FUNDING JIGSAW
The Rural Development Programme (England) is jointly funded by the Europe and the UK government, which works to make England’s agriculture and forestry sectors more competitive, to improve the quality of life in rural areas and to diversify rural economies.
Funding is targeted at schemes which:
- improve the environment
- increase the productivity of farming and forestry
- create jobs and grow the rural economy
You may be able to apply for funding if you’re:
- a farmer, grower or forester
- managing land or woodland
- a business owner in a rural area
- a food business
- living in a rural community
For advice and information on the different avenues of funding currently available, contact either Robert Sullivan or Ali Gray from our Farm Business Services Department.