Contact our offices
5 & 6 BAILEY COURT
COLBURN BUSINESS PARK
Estate Agency Offices are located in
BARNARD CASTLE, LEYBURN, STOKESLEY & BOROUGHBRIDGE
Residential Management Team
Used as an Auxiliary Military Hospital during the First World War and a billet for serving Army Officers in the Second World War, the property was purchased by the go-ahead entrepreneur, William Thomas Alderson in 1947.
He proceeded to refurbish and renovate the property, develop several parts of the garden and in 1953 sell to Stokesley Rural District Council. The property was opened as a combined Library and Magistrates Court in 1978 and remained in use until 2004.
Now in private hands, the property has been beautifully refurbished by the current owners to create a stylish family home which quite simply has the ‘wow’ factor. The new purchaser will be the custodian of a property with a chequered history dating back to Norman times, which thankfully has not become a relic of the past; it has been altered and refurbished throughout its lifetime to meet changing needs and still retains a special place in the heart of Stokesley.