GSC GraysGSC Grays

Contact our offices

Main office

COLBURN
5 & 6 BAILEY COURT
COLBURN BUSINESS PARK
RICHMOND
NORTH YORKSHIRE
DL9 4QL

01748 897 630

Estate Agency Offices are located in

BARNARD CASTLE, LEYBURN, STOKESLEY & BOROUGHBRIDGE

Residential Management Team

01748 829210

General Advice

The Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme Open for Grant Funding

A number of schemes within The Yorkshire Dales Leader Programme 2014 – 2020 are once again taking applications for grant funding.

The Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme has been set up to build a sustainable community and economy that capitalises on the area’s environment, landscape, culture and heritage.

The Dales Farm Capital Grant Scheme opened on 17th November 2016 and the scope of the grant is to support projects which require capital assistance to: develop the resilience, profitability and sustainability of farming business through collaboration, added value local product, new technology and research; support innovation, entrepreneurial activity and diversification in order to improve quality and profitability; support the development of small scale bio/renewable energy generating capacity.  The grant is for business requiring funding for projects starting from February 2017.  Leader will support 40% of costs with a minimum grant available of £2,500 and a maximum grant offered of £75,000.  Applicants must provide the remainder of project costs from a private source of funding (i.e. own business funds or bank load).  The Dales Farm Capital Grant Scheme closes on 12th June 2017 at 9.00am.

The Forestry Capital Grant Scheme opened on 17th November this year and the scope of the grant is to develop the resilience, profitability and sustainability of forestry business and processing supply chain through business collaboration and added value local product; introduce new technology, goods, processes and timber services; create new jobs and employment opportunities in forestry and timber processing in the rural Yorkshire Dales LEADER area; generate energy from locally sourced timber; address long term market failure in the local forestry supply chain and bring local woodlands into management and enhance their natural value.  The timeframes and minimum and maximum grants available are as above.

The Micro, Small Enterprise and Farm Diversification Capital Grant opened on 8th December this year.  The grant is for businesses requiring funding for projects starting from April 2017.  The purpose of the grant is to support applications which are looking to: establish a new rural business, grow or expand an existing rural micro or small business; invest in complementary activity that enables the agricultural sector to increase sustainability.  Applications will be considered in the order they are received by LEADER staff, with 40% of eligible costs being support with a minimum grant of £5,000 and a maximum of £150,000.  Applicants must provide the remaining 60% from a private source of funding.

For further information on other grants available, the area covered by the Yorkshire Dales LEADER group, a detailed breakdown of what can be supported and how to apply visit www.yorkshiredalesleader.co.uk

Latest News