Wind Farm Developments
The renewables field is one of substantial growth. Historically the focus has been centred on wind farm development where the current technology is both proven and known in the UK.
More recently there has been substantial growth in the small to mid wind sector. The introduction of the ‘Feed in Tariffs’ in 2010 has transformed the economics of generating your own energy.
We are experienced in this field and represent landowners across the country in their dealings with wind farm developers, including the largest wind farm built in England to date. In order to best represent you, we maintain a database of proven operators.
This is a specialist field in which our expertise allows us to:
- Benchmark offers which you might receive to assess how competitive they are
- Quickly and cheaply obtain desktop appraisals from developers to market test any offer which you might receive
- Negotiate heads of terms based upon years of experience
- Liaise with solicitors to ensure the timely completion of the legal documentation
- Work with the developers through the planning process pushing them to progress matters
- Manage your interests during construction
- Conduct rent reviews and advice on proposals to re-power existing wind farms
If you are considering a wind farm scheme on your property or have been approached regarding the re-powering of an existing site and would like to speak to someone experienced in the representation of landowners, please contact Calum Gillhespy.
Head of Renewables
Tel: 01748 829 210
Feed in Tariff Turbines
GSC Grays has established a group of experienced wind and renewable energy professionals and planners to help landowners develop their own small to mid-scale wind turbine, qualifying for the Feed in Tariff.
We offer a complete service including:
- Assessing the viability of the site
- Preparing the planning application documentation
- Providing planning support during the consenting process
- Sourcing the leading wind turbine technology; and
- Organising the electrical connection to the local distribution network
We remain totally independent of any turbine manufacturers and so can ensure that the best turbine is selected for your site and circumstances. In addition we have developed a financial model which can provide income akin to a pension which can ease the transition of a farm between the generations.
If you are considering installing a small to mid-scale wind turbine on your property, or have been approached by a developer, please do not hesitate to contact Guy Coggrave.
Head of Rural Practice
Tel: 01748 829210/01642 710742