Early professional advice is essential for land and property owners potentially affected by compulsory purchase. An experienced surveyor will advise on the acquisition process and negotiate the relevant compensation, whilst considering many other implications such as tax issues.
Landowners should engage in the compulsory purchase process at an early stage when it may be possible to influence the position or design of the proposed scheme.
Our surveyors have experience of compulsory purchase in:
- Road schemes
- Urban redevelopment
- Gas, water, sewer, oil and cement pipelines
- Overhead and underground electricity lines
- Fibre optic cables
- Telecommunications cables and apparatus
We provide a comprehensive service covering all aspects of the compulsory purchase process including:
- Advising you on your rights and options
- Representations, objections and public inquiries
- Negotiating accommodation works
- Advance payments of compensation
- Dealing with problems arising from the works
- Preparation and negotiation of compensation claims
- Lands Tribunal appeals
If you are being threatened with a compulsory scheme please do not hesitate to contact Ashley Dodgson.
Senior Rural Surveyor
Tel: 01748 829210